about me

My photo
¡bienvenidos! my name is ellie and i am a junior spanish major at covenant college. thanks for following my spring adventures in spain!

Monday, March 2, 2015

Sunny with a high of 75!

And so begins week 7! This past weekend I went to a little town in Portugal called Olhao, which was incredibly beautiful and relaxing! I was also serenaded in front of a crowd in Portuguese. Didn't know that was on my bucket list, but we'll check it off anyways! I went with four friends and we rented an apartment and thus had the opportunity to use a kitchen. We made good use of this by preparing homemade mac & cheese and garlic bread and eating ice cream. Simply marvelous. And very American! It was definitely interesting to be in a place where they don't speak either of my two languages!

This week is full of school (well, until Wednesday), kayaking, and sun! The weather here in Sevilla is gorgeous and I love it. Curiously enough, the Spaniards still wear coats and scarves and everything! It's like the weather hasn't changed since we arrived, when actually it has gotten about 30 degrees warmer already! Thursday and Friday my school travels to Toledo, the old capital of Spain, and Thursday is my 21st birthday! I'll be waking up at 5 something and spending around 7 hours on a bus... but it should be a good time! I'm still loving kayaking, and am actually about to go do that now! But before I go, here are a few photos from the past week!
Jamee, Shawna, and myself on one of the islands off the southern coast of Portugal!

Serenaded in Portuguese! *no he did not propose (as far as I know)

Rafa (kayaking instructor), Lauren, myself, and Brian at the Club de Piragüismo de Triana!

No comments:

Post a Comment