about me

My photo
¡bienvenidos! my name is ellie and i am a junior spanish major at covenant college. thanks for following my spring adventures in spain!

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Sevilla sorts of things

Today I got to go to the Cathedral of Sevilla with my art class!  We have been studying gothic architecture, especially cathedrals, and so it was really cool to get to apply the things I've learned.  Also it's incredible how huge it is.  It's the third largest cathedral in the world and the largest gothic cathedral! Also part of Christopher Columbus' remains are there (they really are, they DNA tested them). And this is right down the street from my school! So cool. We also climbed the 35 ramps and 17 steps to the top of the Giralda to see some awesome views of Sevilla.

Also I got a manicure today for 3 euros.  I didn't even know that was possible (aside from in China)!

An interesting thing about Sevilla is that SEVILLA HAS MADE ROLLERBLADING COOL AGAIN. Go Sevilla.  There are always people rollerblading around and also at night some kids hang out in a plaza and do tricks on their rollerblades. Also so many people bike here, so that's pretty cool too.  And everyone who doesn't rollerblade or bike walks everywhere, which is something I'm definitely going to miss when I go back to the States!

Anyways, here are some photos from the Cathedral! And my next blog post will be all about my adventures in London and Dublin!

One of the organs in the Cathedral

Christopher Colombus' remains

View from the top of the Giralda

View from the Giralda of the top of the Cathedral

The Vision of St. Anthony by Bartolomé Esteban Murillo
Part of this painting (the monk) was cut out and stolen in the early 1900's and returned about 20 years later when it was being auctioned in New York City and was recognized

No comments:

Post a Comment