about me

My photo
¡bienvenidos! my name is ellie and i am a junior spanish major at covenant college. thanks for following my spring adventures in spain!

Monday, March 16, 2015

Covenant Reunions and Cold Cities

This weekend was a whirlwind of wonderful things.  Friday afternoon I flew to London and met up with some Covenant friends! It was so crazy to be in London with Covenant people that were here for spring break and Covenant people who are studying at Oxford and in Paris... definitely a little mind-blowing. And oh so wonderful!

I was in London for less than 24 hours, but managed to see and do a ton! I ate fish and chips in a pub, and walked a lot around the city. I walked out of the Westminster underground station and the first thing you see is Big Ben and the House of Parliament... so incredible! I saw a celebration for the unveiling of a statue of Gandhi and Westminster Abbey, I saw Buckingham Palace and walked through St. James' Park.  I got to go in the Globe Theater and into St. Paul's Cathedral, and of course saw the Tower of London! Then it was off to Dublin!

Dublin (and Ireland) is a place that I absolutely want to return to! In my time there we walked around a lot, went to the Temple Bar area, and went to the Guinness Storehouse, and in the future I would love to get to explore more of the countryside!

As fun as this busy weekend was, there is always something sweet about coming home to Sevilla and the streets that I know and love. This weekend will be pretty relaxed school-wise as this Friday we have a trip to Ronda, Spain!

Myself (Spain), Henry (Paris), Conrad (Lookout Mtn), John Christian (Oxford), and Michael (Lookout Mtn) 

View of Buckingham Palace from St. James' Park

Buckingham Palace

Awkward cold photo in front of St Paul's Cathedral. I've now been to 2 of the 3 largest cathedrals in the world!

Shakespeare's Globe Theater

Church in Dublin

Me and the Guinness turtle

Basically nothing can stop me now.

Fish n chips & Bangers n Mash & flights of Dublin-brewed beers

Susanna, Henry, myself, and our perfectly poured pints!

No comments:

Post a Comment