about me

My photo
¡bienvenidos! my name is ellie and i am a junior spanish major at covenant college. thanks for following my spring adventures in spain!

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Granada, Spanish friends, and kayaking!

This past Friday and Saturday, my program took all of us students to Granada.  Granada is another city in Andalucia (the southern region of Spain) that used to be under Muslim rule.  It was actually the last city that Isabel and Fernando conquered.  We stayed in a five star hotel and got to visit La Alhambra, the old and incredibly decorated castle, and also the church where part of Isabel and Fernando's bodies are buried.  Granada is a beautiful little city that was sort of a mix between the Spain I'm used to and the Morocco that I've had the opportunity to experience.

Life here in Sevilla is good.  My Señora is an incredible cook who never uses a recipe or measuring cups, which is pretty amazing.  I did try baby eel the other day.  Needless to say that was an adventure!  I've hung out with my intercambio a few times.  An intercambio is a native Spaniard that I meet with for about an hour a week to hang out and practice Spanish.  Mine is named Carmen and is the same age as me!  She's really great about introducing me to her friends and after class a few times a week I go hang out with them.  The newest thing in my life begins this afternoon when I go take a class about kayaking!  I'll be joining one of the clubs along the river so I can go kayaking every day if I so desire! This is something that I've wanted to do since the first day I got to Spain and saw people on the river, so I'm super excited for the opportunity to join the river crowd!

Here are some pics from Granada!



No comments:

Post a Comment