about me

My photo
¡bienvenidos! my name is ellie and i am a junior spanish major at covenant college. thanks for following my spring adventures in spain!

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Let me tell you about my Señora

One of the biggest parts of my life here in Seville, and one of the things I will miss the most is my señora. She is a wonderful little lady full of joy for life, opinions about my life, and she is also incredibly talented in the kitchen. Marisa will forever be in my heart after this semester.

But let me tell you a bit about her favorite thing: her grandkids. There are five of them. Two live in Germany, but they got here to Seville yesterday. Every day this semester she has gotten up a little after me and one of the first things I hear in the morning is "Hola! Mis niñetos, que precious!" or something along those lines. I promise that it is one of the most beautiful things. Her love for them is so sweet, there's really nothing they could ever do that would break that! Today I was eating lunch with her in the kitchen holding her youngest grandbaby, Nicolas (8 months), in a sling sort of thing while she was talking to me. Nicolas was falling asleep for his nap and just made my heart happy to see them.

As much as she loves to give her opinion about the places I travel or where I should go out at night, she always loves to hear about my latest adventures or how much fun I had doing something, and she always greets me with besitos when we haven't seen each other in a while.

This week has been a little different for us. A few big things have happened, one of which was the death of a wonderful friend. In a country all alone, my señora was a huge comfort to me. For me to sit and try to explain through my tears in Spanish the person that Marcy was, I needed her loving care. There aren't really words to explain how much she means to me, and how much I value her!

A few things about my señora:

1) her favorite city in the world is Tokyo
2) whenever either of us go shopping we HAVE to show each other what we got. it's one of her favorite things!
3) she saw a commercial by Enrique Iglesias' mother about vitamins and now has a shelf full of vitamins that she takes every day so that she can be like his mom
4) she had her nose pierced AND her tongue pierced when she was young. in her words "yo soy muy moderna"
5) she has a chihuahua named Paquito who eats more than he weighs
6) one time she told us about how she was practically born in her dad's airplane.. at least I think that's what she said
7) besides her grandkids, her second favorite thing in the world I would say, is laughter!

So there you have it, a few things about my señora Marisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment